Tuesday, October 19, 2010

All India National Salon - 2010

All India National Salon - 2010

A photographic competition was announced by Photographic Society of Madras ( PSM ) - a 150 year old society in July 2010. Competition was for all members and non-members across all over the world. PSM received about 2800 entries in following categories Nature, Travel, Women Power, Silhouette, Motion, Mono and Mobile phone photography.

The result was announced by end of Sep 2010. It was surprised to know that one of my picture was also accepted an entry under " Silhouette " category titled " Enthusiasm ". The picture was shot at an very early morning in Kovalam beach, ECR. The model was none other than Arun who was my nephew having no other option was behind me right from 3am in the morning for those ECR shoots. Of course, it was fun too. I need to thank Mr. Ganeshan Pajanissamy - who has helped in selecting the pictures for submission.

I had tough time printing than the efforts i put in for taking those shots. Mrs. Vanitha from Photo Emporium had helped me in fine tuning in printing. Thanks to her.

Also i have submitted few pictures in Members section too. Four of them got selected for display in the Salon exhibition. The exhibition was inaugrated by Mr. Rajiv Menon - well known cinematographer and he was looking at the display he could stay at my " Heaven on Earth " picture shot at Elephant Valley.

It was a proud moment. A long way to go...


Rajiv Menon lighting the KuthuVizhalaku

Rajiv Menon looking at my accepted picture






1 comment:

  1. Congrats Sabrai I am so happy for you.. The day I held those pictures in my hand I knew you wud make it :)

    ReplyDelete